High School AR Policy
AR Grade-Your AR reading will be graded differently in high school than it was in middle school.
- Beginning in 9th grade, all CHS students are required to earn 15 AR points per quarter.
- You may read 15 books that are worth 1 point each or one book that is worth 15 points or more. (Or any combination of points to total 15).
- You will take an AR test (with your English teacher ONLY) on each book you read to accumulate points.
- Most AR tests require a 70% to earn any points (a few are 60%).
- For example, students making a 75% on a 10 point book would earn 7.5 points toward the 15 required points.
- Students making a 69% or below on the same book would earn 0 points.
- You may read the genre of your choice. We do not STAR test in high school.
- Points over the 15 required DO NOT carry over to the next quarter.
- However, all points earned from 5th-12th grade at Cedarville schools do count toward the 1,000, 2,000, and 3,000 Point Clubs. (Prizes may be involved!)
- AR points are placed in the gradebook before progress reports each quarter.
- AR points for tests taken during a week will be updated in the gradebook by the end of that week.
- AR points will count for 15% of your grade each quarter.